I thought I would do a post that could really benefit the healthy conversation. You all have seen my thoughts and input on a variety of issues, but I would like to hear from you! So, I have decided to dedicate this blog to asking you some questions about what you do, know, think, feel, and like as it pertains to health and well-being. I hope I will get lots of responses, as that would make for great conversations and great future posts! I really look forward to hearing from many of you! Thanks!
1. What do you consider a healthy breakfast?
Eggs, for sure…the whole thing…several…fried in coconut oil or butter…some beef bacon (since I don’t eat pork) or some turkey bacon. Sometimes some in-season berries! Yum!
2. What type of activity and exercise do you get during the week?
I am constantly standing and moving at work. I climb, walk, and use tools. At lunch, I walk and lunge, with an occasional sprint. A few days a week, I do bursts of intense pushing, pulling, weights, and step-ups. I will also occasionally do some P90X workouts and some Wii games.
3. Do you use supplements? If so, what?
Yes. I love cod liver oil. I also use coral calcium, B Complex, Vitamin D, and some echinacea now and then. Oh, and also, COQ10!
4. Do you have any health issues you would like to get rid of?
5. How many hours of sleep do you generally get per night?
7 to 8 usually. During the week I go to bed at around 11 pm and I wake up at 7:45 am. During the weekends, I am not so good. I go to bed late, but I still wake up before 11:00 am regardless!
6. Do you drink soda or diet soda? If so, what kind and how much?
No…only an occasional Zevia. I do drink tea sometimes…and a Zip Fizz (no sugar, no artificial ingredients, just vitamins and minerals)…and an occasional Kombucha
7. Do you drink water? If so, is it filtered, bottled, or tap? How much?
Yes. I drink bottled water (if it was completely up to me, I’d drink from an awesome filter…but it’s not…so I drink bottled water). I drink about 4-6 16oz bottles a day.
8. Do you believe that eating saturated fat will make you fat?
HECK NO! Eating fat does just the opposite. It is the hydrogenated oils and fake fats that will help make you fat and clog your arteries!
9. Do you know what essential macronutrients are?
I do…but I want to see how many of you know the answer to this, so I’m not answering quite yet!
10. Do you believe humans need to eat carbohydrates?
11. What are carbohydrates? Give examples.
12. Do you think sugar is toxic?
Uhhh….ABSOLUTELY…and so is HFCS and Aspartame!
13. Do you believe that high-cholesterol and foods that contain cholesterol will give you heart disease?
See numbers 9-11 (hint: think beyond big pharma)
14. Do you eat the fat on meat?
Yup…especially that of grass-fed, pastured, and wild meats!
15. Do you eat meat? If so, what kind? If not, why?
Yes. Grass-fed beef, pastured chicken, lamb, wild-caught fish, and I’m willing to try others except pork…I’m allergic to shellfish, and pork makes my tummy hurt.
16. Do you know a farmer?
17. Are you interested in buying meats, milks, and veggies from a local farmer?
Yes!!!!! Anybody wanna go in on a cow-share or CSA type situation with me?
18. Do you eat out? If so, how often?
Yes, more than I should, but it is with my wonderful hubby.
19. When you eat out, what types of food and drinks do you order?
I order the best meat I possibly can, hold the starch and grains, and get a salad or some veggies for the side. I drink tea or water…with an occasional Michelob Ultra or Vodka and Water.
20. Did you know that the USDA and FDA are not on the side of public health and well-being?
HECK YEAH! THESE PEOPLE JUST WANT TO MAKE AND KEEP US SICK TO KEEP THEIR POCKETS LINED!
So, there are the questions and my answers. I hope to hear from some of you now! I am really looking forward to it!
Thanks and have a healthy day!